Terms and Conditions of Booking at Skiddaw Croft Bed & Breakfast
Use of Wi-Fi [Click Here]
- We require Valid credit/debit card details to secure your reservation. All card details are held securely.
- The cost of the first night’s accommodation per room booked may be taken as a non-refundable deposit for 1-4 night’s stay and the cost of two night’s accommodation for a stay of 5 or more nights. Card details are held against the room. However, should you fail to take up your reservation without letting us know, a charge will be made against your card for the full amount of your booking (See paragraph 5 below)
- If you are delayed in arriving or expect to arrive after 8pm, please do let us know as soon as you are able.
- If the person making the reservation is different to the person(s) taking up occupation, the person who makes the reservation may be held responsible for non-arrival/damage or loss and monies may be taken from their credit/debit card.
- Cancellation: Should it become necessary for you to cancel your reservation with less than 3 days notice, we shall, of course, make every effort to re-let your accommodation. However, should we be unable to do so, a charge equivalent to the full value of the booking will be made. We regret that there can be no allowance for curtailment of a reservation. Due to increasing fees and the T&C's from Online Travel Agents (OTA's) we will charge the cost of the 1st night's stay if you cancel within 7-4 days of the day of your arrival.
- We strongly recommend that you take out Travel/Holiday cancellation insurance to cover you in such circumstances. Please remember your reservation is a binding contract under British Law. Please let us know as soon as possible, should it become necessary for you to cancel your reservation. We cannot be held liable if we need to cancel your reservation due to unforeseen circumstances. We will do our best to help you find alternative accommodation should this happen.
- If you or any member of your party has any special access requirements, please let us know. A copy of our “Access Statement” is available upon request, or can be viewed on our web site at here.
- Accidents: Please let us know IMMEDIATELY of any damage or spillage, however caused, so that we can clean or repair. Failure to inform us will result in a charge being made against you for damage subsequently found.
- Smoking: Skiddaw Croft B&B is a non-smoking premises and smoking on the property is against the law. If a guest/visitor is found smoking anywhere in the premises they will be asked to leave and full payment for the reservation will be taken from the credit/debit card. Should it be found after a room has been vacated that the guest/visitor has smoked in the room a charge will be made against the debit/credit card for full and thorough cleaning of the room and for any loss incurred to the business by us having to cancel or turn away bookings whilst the room/accommodation is thoroughly cleaned.
- Towels are provided in each room for the use of guests while they stay with us. The towels are not for the use of guests outside their rooms. If a guest would like a towel for use outside the property please ask. A small black towel is provided for female guests. Please DO NOT use the white towels to remove make-up, tanning lotions or hair dye. A supplementary charge will be made for additional cleaning of white towels to remove make-up etc.
- Any guests behaving in an inappropriate way will be told to leave and full payment for the reservation will be taken from the credit/debit card.
- Parking - We offer free off road parking for our visitors and guests. The users of the car park do so at their own risk. The Management will not accept any liability for any Accidents, Damage or Loss Incurred.
- Take Aways & Food - Cooked or smelly cold foods are not allowed in the bedrooms for the convenience of other guests using the rooms. If a guest wishes to buy a takeaway meal and eat it at the B&B we will provide plates and cutlery for you to eat in the breakfast room. Guests are not allowed to eat takeaway meals in their rooms.
Thank you for your co-operation.